Our Mission – The School’s Purpose
Our fundamental aim is to provide a quality education for our students and community in a caring environment. We also aim to:
1) Recognise the individual needs of our students and encourage all students to develop to their full potential academically, socially, physically, culturally and emotionally
2) Provide a healthy, caring learning environment
3) Provide a balanced and wide ranging learning environment
4) Provide a resource which enables programmes of continuing education and recreation for all people in the Teviot Valley
5) Encourage open and honest communication between families and school and to foster widespread involvement of our community in the school.
6) Ensure that the appearance and image of the school and students reflect proudly on our community
Our Vision for our students
By providing an exciting and enthusiastic environment in our school, we aim to promote a love of learning where quality and excellence are valued; work is of the highest standard and higher order thinking skills and creativity are developed.
Through self-motivation and self-evaluation everyone will take responsibility for their learning and behaviour, have respect for others and the commitment to make a positive difference to their communities
Our values are the important qualities that we try to live by and show in the ways we ourselves go about our work and relationships with others in the school;
Relating To Others
All members of the school community will be expected to relate positively to other people by showing kindness and compassion. It is also expected that we will be empathetic and compassionate. We will willingly contribute and participate in school and community activities.
All members of the school community will be expected to show respect to themselves and others and their property. We will also respect human rights and differences and the environment. We will respect originality and uniqueness in ourselves and others.
All members of the school community are expected to be responsible for their own learning and behaviour. We will be honest, show integrity and be aware of our duty to the community
All members of the school community will strive for excellence through self motivation, self management and perseverance. We will reflect on our work, show curiosity and be disciplined in our approach to our school work. We will have the courage to consistently aim high.